It currently provides 12 exhibition rooms, as well as a library and an information room.
The museum consists of three buildings, two of which are historic ones.
One is the old Town Hall, the Palacio de los Fajardo, inaugurated in 1676 and whose main façade and outbuildings were built in 1745 on the annexes of the 12th century castle. The other building is located in Calle Mayor and corresponds to a smaller noble house from the 18th century. Between them, the three buildings have a total floor area of more than 2,800 square metres.