The most important temple in the Region is a magnificent merge of styles, a catalogue of stone which summarizes more than six centuries of art and history.
Its construccion began in 1394 over the remains of an old Arabic mosque and in 1462 its vaults were finished. The oldest entrance is La Puerta de los Apóstoles (the door of the Apostles). Its only storefront is flanked by pointed archivolts with statues of the apostles on it. La Puerta de las Cadenas( the door of the Chains) dates from 1513 and has original pilasters and archivolts.
From the 15th century dates the Capilla de Los Vélez covered by a ten-pointed star vault and profusely decorated. Another famous chapel is that of Junterón, whose oval ground plan is covered by an extremely original vault.
Its baroque main façade (Imafronte), Jaime Bort¿s work, is an exaltation of levantino art (the 18th century eastern Spain art). It is divided as an altarpiece into two parts and three vertical sections.
The tower, divided into five parts, is 92 meters high. Its construction started in 1511 and the fifth body hosts twenty-five church bells
General admission for free